[Moin-user] Google Chrome inserting non breaking space at front of line

Thomas Waldmann tw at waldmann-edv.de
Thu Nov 14 15:12:19 EST 2013

> Google Chrome converts that leading space to a non-breaking space.

Maybe file a bug for chrome?

I think a browser textarea control should not change the text you enter
in any way.

Maybe check if that also happens with a freshly installed chrome (with a
fresh profile, standard settings).

> What I would really like to have happen, is that whenever a wiki page is
> saved, any non-breaking space characters at the front of lines get
> automatically replaced with plain old spaces.
>
> Is there a recommended way to do this?

Look at the SecurityPolicy, iirc it has a save() method that gets called
before saving.

But that's just a work around, should be fixed where the root cause is.