[Moin-user] Segmentation Fault when trying to run moin.wsgi

Thomas Waldmann tw at waldmann-edv.de
Sat Nov 23 07:39:43 EST 2013

> I've uninstalled the default apache instalation with:
> $ apt-get remove --purge apache2*

why?

> ... and compiled/installed Apache 2.4 (installed in /usr/local):

if you compile it on your own, you can easily make mistakes or overlook
some stuff...

> 27851:tid 3018517360] 2013-11-22 08:26:56,804 INFO MoinMoin.log:151
> using logging configuration read from built-in fallback in MoinMoin.log
> module

OK, looks like your moin is getting invoked correctly.

> 3075520832] AH00052: child pid 27851 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

segfaults are usually a problem in some non-python code, so this is not
a moin problem, but likely apache or mod-wsgi or some library.

> I'm not experienced enough to debug this through the code, but maybe
> someone could point me to the right direction?

Well, the easiest way is not to compile stuff on your own.

If you have good reasons to do so, maybe rather build from a source
package from your linux distribution than using a source code archive
from apache/mod-wsgi.

then, chances are better you have the right dependencies in place,
compile with the right options, etc.

> Is there a way to dump more log messages so I can track
> where the segfault is happening?

You can somehow use gdb and/or a core dump to try to debug such stuff,
but don't ask me, I google that myself each time I need it once every
few years...