[Moin-user] Creating a Wiki-Page

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Wed Oct 30 08:57:39 EDT 2013

On Wednesday 30. October 2013 13.30.56 Andreas Kuntzagk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to create a wiki page from a python Program. Following the
> documentation I managed to do that as the user running the webserver.
> However I want to run this program as a different user.
> Whenever I do this I get a permissions error:

[...]

> /share/cc_wiki/moin_cc/share/moin/data exists and is writable by the apache
> user but not by the user running the script.
>
> Version is 1.9.4

I tend to run scripts against a wiki by using sudo with the -u option to
indicate the Web server user. It is also possible to use filesystem ACLs that
allow unrelated users to write to the wiki's files (sharing the group assigned
to files is the "low tech" equivalent when you don't have ACLs). For example:

setfacl -m u:youruser:rw somefile
setfacl -m u:youruser:rwx somedir

(You can combine this with find to do this to many files, and I generate a
script to do this in moinsetup.)

However, if files are created by Moin, it can be tricky to get the ACLs to
stick to these new files, although I'm sure that if I checked the
documentation I'd find a reasonable solution for that, too.

If anyone has any better ideas, please let us know. ;-)

Paul