[Moin-user] Can't get code colouring to work

Philip Colmer philip.colmer at linaro.org
Tue Dec 23 08:28:04 EST 2014

I've recently set up a test moin 1.9.8 server in preparation for
upgrading. Part of the reason for the upgrade is because a user of the
current wiki reported that our pygment library was out of date.

However, it has become apparent that both the current and test servers
are not displaying colouring of syntax. Line numbers are being
displayed but no highlighting of the syntax.

I've tried looking in various logs to find errors being reported that
might help me understand what is going on here but I can't find any
errors.

I've installed a direct copy of pygment as well as noticing that moin
has its own private copy.

Any suggestions on what might be wrong or where to look? The sample
markup we're testing is:

{{{#!highlight python
from colors import palette
palette.colorize('python')