[Moin-user] Unhandelled exceptions

Chitresh Bhushan chitresh4u at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 16:50:07 EST 2014

Hi,

I tried posting following message on Google Groups (
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/moin-user/rtU-zD1U7Hw ), which I
think is not the official mailing list. Any help/suggestions is
highly appreciated.

We have been using MoinMoin for more than 3 years for our website and it
has been working nicely. However, in since couple of weeks we have started
to get "Unhandled exception" while editing some pages of the website using
GUI mode of the editor. Few other things have also stopped working, for
instance copy-paste also seems to give "Unhandled exception" and "insert
image" button is not available anymore. Temporarily, we have been editing
the website using text-mode of the editor but we would like to get back GUI
mode functionality.

Is there any way to find the source of the issue and fix it? We are running
MoinMoin 1.9.3 and Python 2.4.3. As far as we know, not much has changed in
the configuration files.

Also, is it possible that updating to a newer version of MoinMoin (and
Python) can fix the issues? If so, then we would first like to test the
installation/working of new version(s). Is it possible to install two
versions of MoinMoin (and corresponding python) side-by-side on the same
machine while not affecting the previous installation (and working) of the
software(s). We do not want to take down the website while we are testing
new version.

Thanks,