[Moin-user] render as Rst one step ahead (maybe...)

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Fri Feb 21 18:03:43 EST 2014

On Friday 21. February 2014 19.54.36 Renato wrote:
> ok, From this page
> http://www.merten-home.de/FreeSoftware/moin2rst/manual.html#installation,
> I've found the doc and the file to use, to obtain rst.
>
> - I've downloaded it
> - extracted
> - putted on .../plugin/action and formatter folder
> - restarted apache2
> - login to my wiki
> - create a page
> - went to action menu
> but no action render as restructured text found :-(
>
> the Renderasrestructuredtext.py has root:root right. Could it be this
> the prob?

It depends on the permissions, but it probably has to be at least readable for
www-data or whoever your Web server user is.

As far as I can see, the files need to be installed into the following places:

 * RenderAsRestructuredtext.py goes into the plugin/action folder
 * text_x-rst.py goes into the plugin/formatter folder
 * moin2rst.py looks as if it is a standalone script

I haven't tried this, but it seems as if it would work with recent Moin
versions.

Paul