[Moin-user] Bibliography macro install

coolnodje coolnodje at gmail.com
Thu May 22 05:46:53 EDT 2014

I've been trying to install the
http://moinmo.in/MacroMarket/Bibliography macro, and I admit I've
failed. It's quite a hell to decipher what to do to be honest.

Very difficult to know what to install: there's 2 version of Macro
Bibliography.py, and apparently v1.6 is the one to use even though the
default is still v1.5.
Then 2 versions of the BibTex parser exist as well:
http://moinmo.in/ParserMarket/Bibtex and
http://moinmo.in/ParserMarket/Bibtex2 . The first is the one referenced
from the main page, but it seems outdated compare to the second.
In both case, in order to get this to work, external binaries are
required, and this where the install becomes very tricky.
bibtex and bib2xhtml are required in the first case
bibtex and bibtex2html are required in the second.

In the second case, bibtex2html's home page is found under
http://www.lri.fr/~filliatr/bibtex2html/
A package exist for Debian: apt-get install bibtex2html

Convenient, but:
I skip here the dozens of  extra packages necessary, but the result is:

After this operation, 357 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? n

As for bibtex binaries, I'm still not sure what to get. I've found
apt-get install biblatex

but

After this operation, 1,127 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? n

This would be more than twice the size of my dedicated debian install of
moinmoin...

In the case of the first BibTex parser, bib2xhtml can be found in
http://www.spinellis.gr/sw/textproc/bib2xhtml/
This is much lighter as it's a perl script, but install is unclear.
And there's still the dependency on bibtex executable.

Help on installing would be really welcome as I'm unsure on which
direction to take now.

At least, where can I get the bibtex executables? Is the biblatex debian
package going to provide it? I'm reluctant to install more than a
gigabyte of dependencies just to check if it does...

cheers