[Moin-user] Question about underlay pages in 1.9.3

Joseph Kang joe.kang at netex.com
Wed Feb 4 13:21:50 EST 2015

Hi, all. I'm new to the list. Our company has been running an internal MoinMoin wiki for several years now but it wasn't actively maintained until recently. We recently went through a migration from 1.187 to 1.9.3. If anyone needs to know the specific versions I upgraded to in-between the start and end, I'd be happy to provide that info.

The question I have is about the underlay pages that got installed with 1.9.3. I noticed that at some point, the markup for inserting a line break changed from [[BR]] to <<BR>>. However the HelpOnFormatting page that got installed through the 1.9.3 LanguageSetup process shows that it's still [[BR]]. As far as I can tell, I am running with the underlay pages that were installed through 1.9.3. Is this the correct version of HelpOnFormatting for this release (mistakes and all)? I noticed that the layout and content on https://moinmo.in/HelpOnFormatting is completely different. I assume that's from the 1.9.8 version, correct?

I cannot upgrade to 1.9.8 as our wiki is running on a major Linux distribution that, while current in other aspects, is only supporting Python 2.4 as the official, supported release.

Thanks in advance!

-Joseph K.