[Moin-user] Upgrade from 1.2 to 1.9.7

R.Bauer rb.proj at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 06:53:42 EDT 2015

On 14.10.2015 21:31, Marcus Schopen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there a way to migrate from version 1.2 to 1.9.7?
>
> Basically I don't need to keep the whole data but about 50 single pages
> without history/changes, therefore a simple copy & paste would be fine.
> But the syntax seems to be changed. Is there a script to reformat page
> syntax?
>
> Ciao!

Hi

since 1.5.3

you can always use moin --config-dir=/usr/share/moin/mywiki
--wiki-url=http://wikiserver/mywiki migration data

https://master19.moinmo.in/HelpOnMoinCommand#moin_..._migration_data_...

to get to 1.5.3

you have to manually enter all these scripts
http://hg.moinmo.in/moin/1.9/file/01e4a21a5d1d/MoinMoin/script/old/migration

The syntax convertor from 1.5 to 1.6 is defined in that module. That
module is also used by the migration data process

http://hg.moinmo.in/moin/1.9/file/01e4a21a5d1d/MoinMoin/script/migration/_conv160_wiki.py

cheers
Reimar