[Moin-user] moin2 how to create admin user

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Sat Apr 2 11:26:06 EDT 2016

On Saturday 2. April 2016 15.45.27 Darren Spruell wrote:
> > On Apr 2, 2016, at 3:08 PM, Renato Pontefice <renato.pontefice at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > the root user should exist also inside moinmoin2 wiki?
>
> Yes; the wiki user must be created (needs password, etc.).

I imagine that with Apache or some other suitably-capable Web server, you
could deploy an authentication module that understands the system
authentication method, and this would then present an identity to Moin that
would be handled in Moin itself using the GivenAuth authenticator.

Alternatively, if LDAP were being used to authenticate system users, you could
get Moin to use LDAPAuth, and I think this would even work with the standalone
server. However, I don't know how much of this Moin 2 supports.

Paul