[Moin-user] Creating a static copy of a MoinMoin site

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Tue Apr 12 11:59:40 EDT 2016

On Tuesday 12. April 2016 17.03.07 Paul Waring wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 02:21:16PM +0000, Roger Haase wrote:
> >    It has been a few years since I have used this, but
> >    try: HelpOnMoinCommand/ExportDump - MoinMoin
> >
> >     HelpOnMoinCommand/ExportDump - MoinMoin
>
> I've tried that but there are two big problems with the export dump:
>
> 1. It adds a .html extension to all pages, meaning that all external
> links (i.e. those linking to the wiki from another site) break.
>
> 2. It changes a forward slash in URLs to (2f), e.g. About/Contact
> because About(2f)Contact.html (again breaking URLs)

Those don't sound like big problems to me, given that the source code is there
for potential modification. Admittedly, I haven't looked at that feature in
recent times, but you're effectively describing encoding issues on the output
filenames, so there's probably just one place that needs changing.

And you don't even need to make this generic/nice if you're doing this as a
one-off job for yourself.

Paul