[Moin-user] MoinMoin Development Activity

Iain Mac Donald moinmoin at picturenow.co.uk
Thu Mar 24 12:44:52 EDT 2016

On Thu, 24 Mar 2016 13:59:34 +0100
Rudolf Reuter <reuterru at arcor.de> wrote:

> I am very happy with Moin 1.9.
> It is stable, has all the features I need, and the pages are easy to
> backup with rsync. I think stability and reliability are more
> important for a wiki than fancy features.

+1

One feature I use a lot is searching using 3, 4 or 5 characters from a
page name. If there are multiple pages using these characters you get a
search result listing several pages. If there is only one page you get
that one page returned. I find this is very handy and I was sad to hear
it disappear in Moin 2+.

As others have mentioned things they would like to see...

I don't know if this counts as a fancy feature but one thing that
confuses non-technical users is the full text search results. The
results show snippets of text surrounding the search term but this is
displayed as markup not natural language. For people not familiar with
markup that can look odd.

I don't mind trying applications in virtualenvs as they have become
second nature to me. However, I draw the line at having to download
multi-gigabyte Docker containers. ;-)

Regards,
Iain.