[moin-user] MoinMoin 1.9.9 Disable User Account Creation

Lars Kruse lists at sumpfralle.de
Tue Apr 11 21:35:32 EDT 2017

Hello Christian,

Am Tue, 11 Apr 2017 07:13:36 +0000
schrieb "Molecki, Christian (STL)" <Christian.Molecki at stala.bwl.de>:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I try to disable the free user account registration.
> So I try to implement the solution descripted at the featurerequests (Solution for 1.9).
>
> Where should the file 'myauth.py' be placed?

Anywhere in the search path for python modules should be sufficient (see
"import sys; print(sys.path)"). Probably /etc/moinmoin/ should work, too?
If you want to use it for just one wiki, then you may want to add the content
of "myauth.py" just to the top of your wiki config script.

> If I press "create account" I get the message:
>
> Unhandled Exception
> [..]

This was probably caused by a change of the "user.encodePassword" method
interface.
I assume that you need to replace line 64 of
https://moinmo.in/FeatureRequests/DisableUserCreation?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=newaccount.py:

- theuser.enc_password = user.encodePassword(password)
+ theuser.enc_password = user.encodePassword(request.cfg, password)

> Is the featurerequest for inviting to a wiki also usable for v1.9.9
> https://moinmo.in/FeatureRequests/MakeInvitations

I guess, you will need to try it :)

Cheers,
Lars