[moin-user] Migrate from 1.8.1 to 1.9.9

Karl Auer kauer at biplane.com.au
Sun Jul 9 08:04:34 EDT 2017

On Sun, 2017-07-09 at 13:20 +0200, Lars Kruse wrote:
> did you check if your browser console (or the webserver error log)
> contains "not found" responses for editor-related ressources?

Not until you asked. There is no "Edit (GUI)" button on any page, so no
way to invoke the editor normally, so no reason (I would think) for
errors to be thrown.

However, I manually entered a GUI edit link:

http://otherpi/FrontPage?action=edit&editor=gui

What happened was a page showing Save Changes, Preview, Text mode,
Check Spelling, and Cancel buttons, plus a comment field and an "Add
To" drop-down list. The actual editor pane was missing. Clicking in the
"Text Mode" button took me to a working (text) editor pane.

No entries except the one about "Detected a misconfigured UNIX
filesystem" were written to the Apache error log. The access log shows
nothing of note either.

Just in case, I looked further afield in places like syslog and
messages - didn't expect to see anything, and didn't.

The GUI editor is clearly present, it's just sort of disconnected from
the wiki. Could this be something to do with the URL for static web
pages? I'm running the wiki from the root of this server, so left that
URL alone in wikiconfig.py. I'm talking about this section:

    # The URL prefix we use to access the static stuff (img, css, js).
    # Note: moin runs a static file server at url_prefix_static path
(relative
    # to the script url).
    # If you run your wiki script at the root of your site (/), just do
NOT
    # use this setting and it will automatically work.
    # If you run your wiki script at /mywiki, you need to use this:
    #url_prefix_static = '/mywiki' + url_prefix_static

Since the wiki can find my custom logo, and the custom logo was placed
in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-
packages/MoinMoin/web/static/htdocs/common, it seems that
url_prefix_static is that path, up to and including "htdocs". The
editor code is below that path, in ./applets/FCKeditor.

So I remain mystified as to why the editor is not being found (or if
found is not being used) by MoinMoin.

Regards, K.

Karl Auer (kauer at biplane.com.au)
http://www.biplane.com.au/kauer
http://twitter.com/kauer389

GPG fingerprint: A52E F6B9 708B 51C4 85E6 1634 0571 ADF9 3C1C 6A3A
Old fingerprint: E00D 64ED 9C6A 8605 21E0 0ED0 EE64 2BEE CBCB C38B