[moin-user] Solved - moinmoin 1.9.8 : errors attempting to reset account password via shell

Lars Noodén lars.nooden at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 12:07:45 EDT 2017

On 07/29/2017 06:43 PM, Paul Boddie wrote:
[...]
> I see you have a farmconfig.py file. Can you specify the --wiki-url option to
> moin with the appropriate site address? Something like this...
>
>   --wiki-url=mysite.tld/wiki1
>
> In other words, something that will cause a match in the wikis list in your
> farmconfig.py file.
[...]

Thanks!  It turns out I had to use both --wiki-url and --config-dir to
get the password reset to work for that user on that wiki.

    moin --wiki-url=https://wiki1.example.org/wiki/wiki1/ \
        --config-dir=/home/wiki/ /
        account resetpw --name=someaccount newpassword

I don't suppose there's a way to configure things once and for all so
that I can skip that step?

Regards,
Lars