[moin-user] Installing Moinmoin at at subdirectory of the main web server

Volker Wysk post at volker-wysk.de
Sun Jun 18 22:54:08 EDT 2017

Hi!

It seems like Moinmoin is meant to run in its own dedicated Virtual Host. This
means that you need to be able to arrange a dedicated domain name.

I've not done this, but used a subdirectory of my Apache server for Moinmoin.
In other words: Here is the configuration for example.com/wiki instead of
wiki.example.com:

    Options +ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch

    Alias /moin_static199 "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/MoinMoin/
web/static/htdocs"
    ScriptAlias /wiki "/usr/local/share/moin/server/moin.cgi"

    <Directory "/usr/local/share/moin/server/">
       <Files "moin.cgi">
          Require all granted
       </Files>
    </Directory>

    <Directory "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/MoinMoin/web/static/
htdocs">
        Require all granted
    </Directory>

The paths are the ones which get inserted when you use setup.py for Moinmoin
installation.

As usual, this should go to some file in /etc/apache2/conf-available, say
moinmoin.conf. Then use
a2enconf wiki to activate it.

Bye
Volker