[moin-user] own wiki for userpages of farm

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Tue Jun 27 17:26:12 EDT 2017

On Monday 26. June 2017 14.05.16 Molecki, Christian (STL) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we have a moinmoin farm with different instances.
> So I configured a shared authentication for these instances.
>
> If the user has a homepage, this one is only accessible in the respective
> instance. I like to configure that the homepages of all users are in one
> instance and accessible from all other ones.
>
> I create a own UserWiki and configured the InterWiki name in every instance
> and the user_homewiki in the farmconfig.py.

Right. So, you have a definition like this in farmconfig.py:

user_homewiki = u"UserWiki"

> If I want to create a homepage for the current user, by clicking on the
> username at the top of the page, the wiki wants to create a page named
> "InterWiki".

It looks like the function that tries to identify the InterWiki reference
(MoinMoin.wikiutil.resolve_interwiki) fails to find the wiki (UserWiki in your
case) and helpfully returns a reference to the InterWiki page.

> What's wrong?
> Do I need a InterWiki-List with all instances an their InterWiki names? If
> yes, how can I create that?

The InterWikiMap page could probably be modified to include UserWiki. I guess
you'd have to do that on all wikis, though. But it also seems that you can
have a global map of InterWiki definitions, too:

https://moinmo.in/HelpOnConfiguration#paths

The shared_intermap setting seems to allow you to specify the location of a
file, apparently containing definitions in the same format as the InterWikiMap
page, that can hold a definition for UserWiki. I notice that an interwiki.txt
file residing in a wiki's data directory can also do this job as well.

Anyway, I hope this gives you a few ideas.

Paul