[moin-user] MoinMoin very slow

Volker Wysk post at volker-wysk.de
Wed Nov 1 18:44:28 EDT 2017

Am Mittwoch, 1. November 2017, 21:49:49 CET schrieb Paul Boddie:
> On Wednesday 1. November 2017 21.02.47 Volker Wysk wrote:
> >
> > My MoinMoin has become very slow. It takes some 30 seconds to save a (long)
> > page.
> >
> > It's just one user (me).
> >
> > It doesn't make a difference if i'ts the text editor or the GUI.
> >
> > Any hints?
>
> The show_timings setting might provide some more detail about where Moin is
> spending its time:
>
> https://moinmo.in/HelpOnConfiguration#style

This looks like this:

Page.execute = 20.668s
i18n_init = 0.299s
init = 0.370s
loadLanguage = 0.115s
load_multi_cfg = 0.274s
run = 41.985s
send_page = 41.809s
send_page_content = 41.156s
send_page_content|1 = 20.578s
send_page|1 = 20.578s
total = 42.354s

> Other than that, some kind of idea of the environment Moin is operating in
> might be useful...

Kubuntu 16.04, Apache2, ...

> Publicly accessible or inaccessible?

inaccessible, one user only

> Lots of processes on the machine or only a few?

This process runs alle the time with 100% CPU:

  PID USER      PR  NI    VIRT    RES    SHR S  %CPU %MEM     TIME+ COMMAND
 8509 www-data  20   0  106144  49460   9340 R 100.0  0.6   0:04.94 python

> Local or network filesystem?

Local.

> Nameserver usage: are the Web server and Moin doing reverse DNS lookups?

How to find this out?

> Try show_timings first of all, though.

See above.

And: It runs much faster for smaller pages.

Thnx
Volker