[moin-user] MoinMoin very slow

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Thu Nov 2 17:04:56 EDT 2017

On Thursday 2. November 2017 21.54.44 Volker Wysk wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've looked at the source code of the offending page again, und found what
> was the cause of the very small display of the page: There was a large
> block (all in one line) of giggerish, which looked like this:
>
> "" & quot;  & amp;  quot;   & amp;  amp;   quot;    &
> amp;  amp;   amp;    quot;     & amp;  amp;   amp;    amp;     quot;
>    & amp;  amp;   amp;    amp;     amp;      quot;       & amp;
> amp;   amp;    amp;     amp;      amp;       quot;        & amp;  amp;
>   amp;    amp;     amp;      amp;       amp;        quot;         &
> amp;  amp;   amp;    amp;     amp;"
>
> I have no idea of why I haven't noticed earlier.
>
> Removing this, solved one problem. The second is: Where does this come
> from? Could be a bug in the GUI editor.

It may well have come from the GUI editor which probably gets even less
attention than it used to. Once upon a time I had thought to replace it with
something else - someone mentioned the whole contenteditable thing where the
browser takes care of the editing functionality - but I never got round to it.

Paul