[moin-user] archive of moin 1.5.8-1 site

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Sat Oct 14 11:23:18 EDT 2017

[Reordering quoting]

On Friday 13. October 2017 21.11.48 Zarko Dudic wrote:

> On 10/10/2017 5:49 PM, Zarko Dudic wrote:
> > Hi there, there is moin 1.5.8-1 wiki and I'd like to export it to a
> > static site, I've been trying something like
> >

> > # /usr/share/moin/server/moin.py --config-dir=/srv/www-data/moin/calpg \
> > > --wiki-url=wiki.domain.com/calpg \
> > > export dump \
> > > --target-dir=/tmp/calpg
>
> Does anyone have experience with this, thanks in advance.

The short answer is "yes", but with newer Moin versions such as 1.8 and 1.9.

I am not really sure why Moin would want to run the built-in Web server to
generate a dump, given that it can be run as a normal command line process and
emulate the necessary request machinery without running an actual Web server.
Maybe you are running the wrong program, but it is a long time since I used
Moin 1.5, and without additional context (distribution information) it is not
possible to confirm this readily.

You may need to do some troubleshooting yourself, especially with such an old
Moin version as the one you're using. Maybe look for a moin program outside
the "server" directory first.

Paul

P.S. Indeed, I have used this function to generate pages and associated
content for the cache so that I could be sure that pages load properly in the
shared Web hosting environment I use. Otherwise, the page loading can risk
timeouts due to the general server load obstructing the work of the Moin
process. Obviously, generating cached content is a side-effect of running the
export.