[moin-user] ListPages macro doesn't work

Volker Wysk post at volker-wysk.de
Sun Sep 3 19:32:22 EDT 2017

Am Sonntag, 3. September 2017, 22:09:11 CEST schrieb Lars Kruse:
> Hello,
>

> Am Sun, 03 Sep 2017 20:24:57 +0200
>
> schrieb Volker Wysk <post at volker-wysk.de>:
> > ## The locale used by some modules like mod_dav
> > export LANG=C
> > ## Uncomment the following line to use the system default locale instead:
> > #. /etc/default/locale
> >
> > I've done as suggested, and uncommented the fourth line, but with no
> > effect
> > on the ListPages macro.
>
> I could imagine that the following pieces are missing for this approach:
> 1) add "import locale" somewhere (probably at the top of the macro)
> 2) use "locale.strcoll" instead of "str.lower" or "unicode.lower" as
>    the "key" argument to "sort"

I've tried it, and now I get this error:

<<ListPages: Ausführung fehlgeschlagen [strcoll expected 2 arguments, got 1]
(siehe auch die Log-Datei)>>

(again, "execution failed...")

> I gues, this is not the "proper" way, since it uses the locale of the
> server and not the one of the client. But it probably helps in a
> single-locale environment.

This makes me wonder, how modified characters like "ä" or "á", which do not
necessarily belong to the same locale, are treated by locale.strcoll...

Bye
Volker