[moin-user] Can't create an account on moinmo.in

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Sun Sep 10 16:25:47 EDT 2017

On Sunday 10. September 2017 19.09.54 Volker Wysk wrote:

> When I try to create a new account on moinmo.in, then there is a mandatory
> field named "TextCha (notwendig)" ("notwendig" means "necessary"). To the
> right, there appears "Das Edit-Password eingeben" ("Enter the edit
> password"), and a text field.
>
> I have no clue, what "Enter the edit password" means. When I click on
> "Profil anlegen" ("create profile"), I get "TextCha: Falsche Antwort!
> Gehen Sie zurück und probieren Sie es nochmal..." ("TextChar: wrong
> answer, please to back and try again").

I imagine that one of the administrators must have introduced a more
restrictive regime whereby a specific "password" must be given to pass the
test. Unfortunately, I don't know who it would be that might be giving out
this password, and I'm not an administrator, either.

Paul

P.S. Such a regime has become the accepted way of providing access to Moin
wikis in recent years. Although it is fairly primitive, it does seem to
achieve what might be done in a more sophisticated way by establishing trust
relationships between existing account holders and people who appear to be
trustworthy members of the community.