[moin-user] Moin in Debian Stable and anti-spam features

Lukasz Szybalski szybalski at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 00:13:24 EDT 2018

Hello,
I have been running a moin moin setup for couple years now(
http://lucasmanual.com/mywiki/ ) . About 5 years ago I had to block the new
user signup due to uncontrolled amount of spam, and spam users.

I was hoping to re-enable the registration process but I wanted to know
more about current moin capabilities for stopping spammers?
captcha? are you a robot?

I know there is a page below but it doesn't really say or provide any
meaningful copy/paste instructions on how to secure you site on day 1.
https://moinmo.in/AntiSpamFeatures

I wanted to hear some feedback from people who run public facing moin moin
example: "debian wiki"  (https://wiki.debian.org/RecentChanges) that does
not seem to be having any spam at all?

Thanks
Lucas