[moin-user] Can't index PDF attachments (bug?)

Thomas Waldmann tw at waldmann-edv.de
Mon Dec 3 07:59:00 EST 2018

> [Errno 1] Operation not permitted' for file ...

That is an OS level error.

Either there is a permissions problem on that file or it is locked by
another process (happens frequently on windows, usually not on linux) or ...

Does this also happen if the file has no blanks in the filename?

> I CAN access the attachment in question from the wiki.

Then I guess it is not a "normal" permissions issue.

> I have the poppler-utils installed:
>
> desktop ~ % ll /usr/bin/pdftotext
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 35024 Aug 28 15:49 /usr/bin/pdftotext*

You could try running pdftotext filename.pdf manually and see what happens.

--

GPG ID: 9F88FB52FAF7B393
GPG FP: 6D5B EF9A DD20 7580 5747 B70F 9F88 FB52 FAF7 B393