[moin-user] Can't index PDF attachments (bug?)

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Tue Dec 4 12:00:06 EST 2018

On Tuesday 4. December 2018 12.05.11 Volker Wysk wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 4. Dezember 2018, 11:57:25 CET schrieb Volker Wysk:
> > Still, I don't think that it is able to apply to manually installed
> > software.
>
> Because you'd need to manually configure AppArmor/SELinux for it.

Again, I can't comment on AppArmor, but with SELinux it is enough to be using
the default Apache package, for example, to experience problems with manually
installed Web applications that need Apache, precisely because those
applications run within the Apache context. So, things that want to connect to
databases (not Moin, of course) or things that want to write to other parts of
the filesystem (like Moin) will definitely cause policy errors.

If you're running Moin standalone then Web server policies won't apply, but
then there may be other policies about binding to network ports. So it isn't
always easy to start out with a completely unconfined environment.

Paul