[moin-user] ||<tableclass="=?utf-8?q?=E2=80=A6?="> processing broken in Moin 1.9.9

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Thu Feb 8 10:20:29 EST 2018

On Thursday 8. February 2018 15.34.37 rog7993 at web.de wrote:

> I've just upgraded to MoinMoin 1.9.9 and stumbled upon this bug. What is
> the recommend workaround at the moment? Replacing werkzeug 0.11.11
> against version 0.8.3, which was delivered with MoinMoin 1.9.8. I've
> tried this and it seems to work. But I'm not sure, whether this have
> unwanted side effects.
>
> Are there better solutions?

I did provide a patch to the moin-devel mailing list that seems to fix the
regression. That might be a better alternative.

https://mail.python.org/pipermail/moin-devel/2017-December/001887.html

I cannot say what benefits the newer version of werkzeug provides, although
one can always assume that bugs were fixed (as well as being introduced) and
that the newer version is worth having purely on that basis.

Paul