[moin-user] Number 1 Next Feature of MoinMoin - Anti-spam

Lukasz Szybalski szybalski at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 00:49:45 EDT 2020

Hello
I wanted to revive the discussion about Number 1 feature that moinmoin
needs, which is anti-spam. All admins as yourself and me are forced to lock
down our wiki's because we cannot manage 1000s of fake users creations, and
fake pages. I realized that my website as well as others are suffering from
growth, because users are not able to register.

I wanted to get your ideas on how to accomplish this, feel free to sort
them in "easiest" to build/deploy now order.

a) "one command" to enable "google re-captcha" (
https://developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/v3).  (As much as we don't
want to use commercial versions, and would love to see our own build, I
think its time we enable something that is "crowed sources".)
b) Register and Authenticate with google.
c) "Service and one config line change to enable" similar to
https://wordpress.org/plugins/akismet/
d) ? (Always evolving?)

Again, my hope is to free us and revive the moinmoin to what it should be.
A Growing community open to anyone, except spammers.

1. I would hope that the first site to use this would be: http://moinmo.in/
2. I hope we have some volunteers that can help out.
3. Would it be possible for Roger or Thomas to apply for "Google summer of
code" sponsorship and improve on this #1 needed feature next summer.
4. Start a bounty. I'll pitch in.

Thank you
Lucas

--