[Ncr-Python.in] Career in Python

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 13:28:42 CEST 2011

Rakesh Kumar <kumar3180 at gmail.com> writes:

[...]

>      I want to know about the future in Python development as i
> haven't seen any big company in India working in Python.

It's quite hard to predict the "future" of a *language* in the long term
when the market situation can change within a matter of months.

If you bank on a single language, you're setting yourself up for failure
regardless of what language it is. It's just a tool and when a situation
arises that you need a hammer instead of a screwdriver, you should learn
how to use one instead of trying to treat a nail as a screw.

That being said, given the situation in the market right now, Java is
still the most popular language (probably followed by C++ or one of it's
variants). "Web" languages like Javascript are quite popular too given
how popular web apps are. There's a general long term trend of moving
towards dynamically typed languages (Python, Ruby etc.) from the
statically typed ones (e.g. Java, C++).

--
~noufal
http://nibrahim.net.in

"Triumph without Victory, The Unreported History of the Persian Gulf War", -Headline published in the U.S. News & World Report, 1992.