[Ncr-Python.in] Fwd: [Systers] PyCon 2014 sets a new record for women speakers

Shobha Tyagi tyagishobha at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 16:53:58 CET 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sanskriti Dawle <culture.dawle at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Subject: Re: [Systers] PyCon 2014 sets a new record for women speakers
To: systers+speakers14 at systers.org

Hi Systers,

I'm Sanskriti, a 19 year old CS undergrad from India. I'm happy to share
that my poster on Mudra (
https://us.pycon.org/2014/schedule/presentation/106/), a braille
dicta-teacher coded in python and built on a raspi has been selected for
presentation at PyCon 2014. I'm very excited about this opportunity! Also,
it'll be lovely to actually meet the systers who were just faceless names
on my daily digest :)

However, the registration, visa, travel and accommodation costs will total
up to ~2500 USD, which is way beyond my means. I am trying my best to
obtain funding from sources like my university and PyCon itself, but in the
best case they'll fund me partially, which means I still have to be on the
lookout for sponsors/funding.

I will be really grateful if any of you would guide me towards any other
sources I could request for funding the presentation at PyCon.

Thanks in advance,

Sanskriti.

--
See have a talented Pythonista from BITS, Pilani looking for the funds to
attend PyCon, US. Can

*Regards,*

*Sanskriti Dawle *

*Core Member, Quark 2014*

*Undergraduate student - B.E. (Hons.) Computer Science Birla Institute of
Technology & Science(BITS) PilaniK.K. Birla Goa Campus +91 9975789142 |
[image: http://images.wisestamp.com/facebook.png]
<https://www.facebook.com/culture.dawle>   *
*   www.bits-goa.ac.in <http://www.bits-goa.ac.in/> *

To unsubscribe from this conversation, send email to <
systers+speakers14+unsubscribe at systers.org> or visit <
http://systers.org/mailman/options/systers?override=5580&preference=0>
To contribute to this conversation, use your mailer's reply-all or
reply-group command or send your message to systers+speakers14 at systers.org
To start a new conversation, send email to <systers+new at systers.org>
To unsubscribe entirely from systers, send email to <
systers-request at systers.org> with subject unsubscribe.