[Ncr-Python.in] Casual meet tomorrow, C.P Food, Drinks and Geek talk.

qua non akshayaurora at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 19:51:12 CET 2015

GSOC is not just about python, Hopefully there would be a lot more orbs in
GSOC at the meet  this weekend; to answer these kind of questions.

For Kivy It mostly depends on quality of the proposal and the calibre of
the student,  unfortunately a basic knowledge of python is a must for
us(Kivy).

Python is not a hard language to pickup though, I'd suggest going through a
few of the getting started with python books. We have some of them
mentioned in our getting started guide
http://kivy.org/docs/gettingstarted/intro.html

You might want to get used to the the project you want to contribute to
using their contributing guide every good project has one, so do we here
http://kivy.org/docs/contribute.html .

The best way to get familiar with the project is to start small maybe by
doc submissions and slowly move onto small bug fixes...

Every org taking part in GSOC is also supposed to have a GSOC page listing
projects and such like this http://kivy.org/docs/gsoc.html
These pages are supposed to be detailed enough to answer questions like
yours,  I suggest looking through the orgs participating in GSOC and then
going through their GSOC page to see what fits you the best.

You should also make sure to go through the guidelines put forward by
Google http://en.flossmanuals.net/gsocstudentguide/

Hope that helps.