[NeedForSpeed] Personnel changes; commit privileges; contributors' agreements; flights; goals

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Tue May 9 04:52:53 CEST 2006

Personnel Changes
-----------------
The PyPy team will not be attending the sprint. The current list of
those attending now reads:

Donald Beaudry
John Benediktsson
Martin Blais
Georg Brandl
Andrew Dalke
John Deiderich
Stephan Diehl
Richard Emslie
Lainie Gordon
Ray Hettinger
Stephen Holden
Bob Ippolito
Richard Jones
Fredrik Lundh
Timothy Peters
Runar Petursson
Sean Reifschnieder
Kenneth Roberts
David Salomon
Chris Tismer
Jason Wells

Commit Privileges
-----------------
It looks as though the simplest way to handle the sprint will be to make
changes to branches off the main python development repository at
svn.python.org. If you do not currently have commit rights to the
repository you should read

   http://www.python.org/dev/faq/

and generate an SSH2 key to be used as your public key at the
repository, and mail it to me. I will batch the keys up and coordinate
with the python.org administration team to ensure that you are logged as
committers.

Please also contact me if you are unsure how to generate a key.

Contributors' Agreements
------------------------
All contributions to Python must be covered by a contributor's
agreement, a copy of which can be inspected at

   http://www.python.org/psf/contrib-form.html

I shall be bringing forms to the sprint for signature by participants
who have not previously provided a signed contributor agreement. Note
that the agreement does not stop you making other uses of contributed
code, it simply assigns the PSF the rights needed to allow publication
under the Python license agreement.

Flights
-------
I am aware that flight confirmations still have not been issued. Most
flights have already been booked, however, and I am making strenuous
efforts to ensure the confirmations are sent out as soon as possible.

Goals
-----
The sprint goals page at

   http://wiki.python.org/moin/NeedForSpeed/Goals

hasn't seen much discussion yet. Coaches will be announced tomorrow, and
I hope things will start to pick up then.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119
Love me, love my blog  http://holdenweb.blogspot.com