[NeedForSpeed] Non-registered people

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Sat May 20 14:31:44 CEST 2006

Martin Blais wrote:
> Hi
>
> Just wondering, can anyone join the "need for speed" sprint?
>
> I was mentioning the sprints to a friend tonight, who said he was
> tempted to iceland to join me for some holiday time after the sprints,
> and I mentioned that if he did he should arrive a bit earlier to join
> in the code frenzy for a few days as well.  (The guy has chops, a
> concurrent prog. hacker on high-end real-time graphics apps for many
> years, I'm sure he could contribute something.)
>
> Is it open to all, is anyone welcome?

Martin:

Yes, this is an open source (and therefore an open) event. Not everyone
can be funded to attend, but anyone with Python chops can help. All are
welcome to speed Python up to the benefit of the whole community. Thanks
to EWT's vision and generosity there will be empty seats available for
participants who want to help at their own expense, and if it should
become a vacation after the serious work is over I can't imagine anyone
complaining.

Just watch out. These Icelanders will make you enjoy yourself despite
your best intentions :-)

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119
Love me, love my blog  http://holdenweb.blogspot.com