[Neuroimaging] Technical details managing Python versions and packages.

David Welch david.m.welch at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 19:04:35 CEST 2015

The --user option is good for several situations:
if you have several accounts on one machine and you don’t want to force everyone to use the same version of a package
if you don’t have administrator permission on a machine, then you can install packages in your home account instead of in protected folders (e.g. /System/Frameworks on OS X, /usr/bin on Linux, etc.)
Cheers,
Dave