[Neuroimaging] Website Update

Vanessa vsochat at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 19:56:53 CEST 2015

Hi Ben,

The problem is well understood - it is just about absolute vs relative path coding. When we specify the base url to be absolute, at the root ("/") this will render everything correctly locally, and if the site is hosted at some root, there as well, but only for pages present at the root. However, in the case of previewing the pages on circle, all paths must be relative (files rendered with a root path are not found). We need a solution that renders correctly in both places, for pages at all levels. So - methinks a good strategy would be to 1) for circle- dynamically change the paths of the artifacts in the test code from absolute to relative before finishing, and 2) for subpages use liquid syntax to detect when a path is at a level other than root and change appropriately. Actually, a strategy that could do the second would also fix the first issue with circle.

I haven't even tried github pages yet because the workflow and paths for a repo level page is likely different from an organization one, so it would not be useful.

I wont get a chance to work on this today bur likely tomorrow so please keep me in the loop!

Best,

Vanessa