[Neuroimaging] Website Update

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 23:43:01 CEST 2015

Hi,

On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 10:40 PM, Ben Cipollini <bcipolli at ucsd.edu> wrote:
> Hi Vanessa,
>
> Another solution is simply to send Jekyll the proper baseurl in all cases.
> In my eyes, that's the simplest and intended solution. I just can't
> understand why it's so hard to do easily, or at all.
>
> The relative paths thing is another solution, but I feel that's a
> workaround--Jekyll has the baseurl defined and configurable, it's clearly
> part of the software design.
>
> Hope we find an elegant solution soon :)
> Ben

Forgive my anxiety, but this conversation worries me.  It seems to me,
that if we are having to do some serious custom configuration to make
a jekyll site work, it goes rather a long way to defeating the purpose
of jekyll as compared to - say - sphinx - in that it makes the site
more difficult and fragile to maintain.   Is that worry reasonable do
you think?

Cheers,

Matthew