[Neuroimaging] Effects of motion outliers on HRF model (in sparse acquisition fMRI)

Christopher J Markiewicz effigies at bu.edu
Fri Dec 11 15:44:05 EST 2015

On 12/11/2015 03:05 PM, Satrajit Ghosh wrote:
> hi chris,
>
> this is a standard sparse design and you can use the sparse model in
> nipype to get at events and amplitudes that you feed into standard
> SPM/FSL designers. the key is to not use a canonical HRF in the modeling
> stage.

Thanks Satra. Looking at the SpecifySparseModel code, it looks like
motion outliers are not taken into consideration at estimation time, so
I'm inferring that these pipelines also don't worry about
artifact-induced issues at this stage.

That's fine. I just want to make sure that there isn't a standard (or
emerging consensus) step that we're skipping.

> we have a standard openfmri (not BIDS yet) sparse script that can do the
> entire preprocessing and estimation on such data and would be happy to
> share.

That would be great, at the very least to validate that our approach
hasn't been giving us wildly different results.

<snip>

Thanks,
--
Christopher J Markiewicz
Ph.D. Candidate, Quantitative Neuroscience Laboratory