[Neuroimaging] FA images Was: Nipy.org new website needs a complete remake

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Mon Jul 27 19:44:26 CEST 2015

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 08:56:08AM -0700, Ariel Rokem wrote:
>     PS: Vanessa: Nilearn is not only for fMRI. It's for statistical analysis
>     of images. It is also used for anatomical images:
>     http://nilearn.github.io/auto_examples/decoding/plot_oasis_vbm.html
>     If we could get a preprocessed, openly downloadable set of images of eg
>     FA, we would do an example with diffusion too.

> Completely off-topic, but I can't resist: if only there was an
> open-source project that computed FA images from freely available
> diffusion MRI data-sets!

Well, you're welcome to help us with preprocessing and pitching a
relevant prediction problem from this data. I know nothing about
diffusion and nothing about the datasets you are talking about. In my
experience, writing a relevant example requires understanding the data
and the questions. If you, or someone else, gets us to the point where
there is a set of nifti images of FA with condition A and condition B,
and helps us write the story, than we have an example.

Gaël