[Neuroimaging] Nipy.org new website needs a complete remake

vanessa sochat vsochat at stanford.edu
Wed Jul 29 01:37:28 CEST 2015

Now that the design is (somewhat) materialized, if you guys want to hash it
out and decide an optimal solution, I'm down for converting to any
framework. Details can be worked on later. I haven't used anything outside
flask so I can't offer an opinion, but I do think it should have the
qualities that we've been discussing.  I wonder if there are continuous
integration services that would render an entire PR for preview before
accepting? That would be optimal.

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 3:07 PM, Stefan van der Walt <stefanv at berkeley.edu>
wrote:

> On 2015-07-28 14:50:09, vanessa sochat <vsochat at stanford.edu> wrote:
>
>>    - All content / links must be https. This means it's best to    serve
>> most of our own css/js files, and embedded content that    is not https
>> will not render (for example, click on the    embedded nbviewer post    <
>> https://vsoch.github.io/nipy/pages/7-28-2015-embed-ipython/>,    and
>> then inspect the browser to see the error)
>>

> This will be an issue whenever you use an iframe, I suspect, but not if
> you simply embed static content.
>
>     - The freezing process didn't grab the custom pages for some
>> reason, and it worked when I did this    <
>> https://github.com/vsoch/nipy/blob/master/code/views.py#L46>.    This
>> would mean that adding a project, it would be required    to have a
>> template for it. That comes down to copying a file    and renaming it to
>> the project name.
>>

> I think following this route will cause a lot of headaches--Flask isn't
> really meant to be converted to static pages, so we may find ourselves
> swimming against the stream more often than not.
>
> Stéfan

Vanessa Villamia Sochat
Stanford University
(603) 321-0676