[Neuroimaging] [DIPY] Comparing DIPY tensor fitting and other tools

Samuel St-Jean stjeansam at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 14:06:48 EST 2015

Dipy by default uses one iteration of weighted least square, so ordinary
least square, then a refit based on that. The difference probably comes
from implementation details in solving the system of equations as mentioned
by the previous poster, but in the end they should be mostly similar.
Largest difference should be in partial volume voxel. I think there was an
ismrm 2015 abstract discussing the issue of various least square fit on the
fa values.