[Neuroimaging] Tractography normalization

Konstantinos Arfanakis arfanakis at iit.edu
Fri Sep 4 17:51:25 CEST 2015

Hi JB,

As you mentioned, one clause of the license for the IIT Human Brain Atlas says that "You may not alter, transform, adapt or build upon the information, images or data”. However, the purpose of this clause is solely for protection of the work (suggested by the IIT lawyers who prepared the license). It is not intended to pose restrictions to the community, as we hope that our colleagues will use this resource as a basis for further development. Therefore, we urge whoever is interested for example in “building upon” the IIT Human Brain Atlas to contact us and request a license that gives permission for their particular project. We have already done this with folks at Harvard as well as a company in California. The process was very fast. This can be done not only for faculty or companies, but also for students at any level, postdocs, and whoever else is interested. This is not a burden to us. We want to ensure that our publicly accessible resource is useful for further advancing neuroimaging technologies.

Regards,
Konstantinos

--
Konstantinos Arfanakis, Ph.D.
Professor

Director, MRI Research
Department of Biomedical Engineering
Medical Imaging Research Center
Illinois Institute of Technology

Leader, Imaging and Bioengineering Studies
Rush Alzheimer's Disease Center
Rush University Medical Center

www.iit.edu/~mri
www.twitter.com/MRIatIIT