[Neuroimaging] Has anyone tried using dipy's piesno function?

Bago mrbago at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 03:00:10 CEST 2015

Hi all,

  I've been playing around with dipy's piesno function and wanted to know
if anyone else had much experience with it. I've found that most of our
data has very low intensities in the background and that piesno tends to
grossly underestimate the noise in these data sets. I've tried estimating
the noise a few other ways including the estimate_noise function from the
same module.

I know that piesno was not developed for diffusion data, but wanted to know
if anyone is regularly using it for diffusion data and how well it's
working for them.

Thanks,
Bago