[Neuroimaging] Nipype 0.11 was just released

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 19:41:55 CEST 2015

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 10:20 AM, vanessa sochat <vsochat at stanford.edu> wrote:
> Ah, very cool! It sounds like it is in the family of continuous integration.
> I don't set up different OS / environments to test on in any of my repos,
> but I remember seeing that the old travis version of nilearn did. This makes
> a lot of sense to ensure that users with different flavors of computers get
> working functionality. Thanks for the details!

Yes, we've found a lot of cross-platform stuff in dipy in particular,
trying to get binary code compiling and running on Windows / OSX.  But
even with nibabel, it has been very useful to catch subtle differences
in Python / numpy configuration, such as different float precisions.
It also allows us to test a somewhat random selection of numpy and
scipy versions, which often catches changes in those libraries.

Other examples:

* Python itself : https://www.python.org/dev/buildbot
* Webkit : https://build.webkit.org/
* Mozilla : https://treeherder.mozilla.org/#/jobs?repo=mozilla-inbound