[Neuroimaging] Fwd: GSOC 2016 - Develop a new DIPY website

dileep Chandima dilipchandima at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 11:16:23 EST 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: dileep Chandima <dilipchandima at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 9:22 PM
Subject: GSOC 2016 - Develop a new DIPY website
To: gsoc-general at python.org, nipy-devel at scipy.org

Hi All,

I'm Dileepa Chandima, final year undergraduate student of Faculty of
Engineering, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka.

.I went through all the project ideas and all of them are interesting. So I
decided to work on Develop a new DIPY website with more interactive
features for
GSOC 2016 because of the experience gained by doing various projects in my
internship program And .I have knowledge about java, python, RESTful API,
HTML, bootstrap, and also CSS. And also I strongly believe that this would
be more beneficial to my future career development as well

And also I went through the following areas to get more familiar with the
DIPY Web site. So that it would help to adapt to the project to be done.

   - Subscribed the 'GSOC general Community' dev mailing list and also
   'NIPY Community' dev mailing list.
   - Cloned the DIPY git repository (https://github.com/nipy/dipy.git).
   - Executed a small website using 'Django'.
   - Started to going through the Django and Sphinx Documentations.

Please be kind enough to provide more details about the project and I
really appreciate your cooperation on this matter.

Thank you.

--
Dileepa Chandima
Dept of Computer Engineering