[Neuroimaging] NIBIB at NIH funds Nipype development

Satrajit Ghosh satra at mit.edu
Fri Jan 15 17:15:20 EST 2016

hi all,

we wanted to announce some fantastic news regarding nipype. we have
received funding from nibib to support nipype development for the next four
years starting today. thanks to this grant, we will be able to harden,
extend, and disseminate nipype and other nipy community projects. more
importantly, chris and i and a few others will be able to spend a chunk of
time on nipype.

the key goals of the project are to improve usability and interactivity,
introspection of computation, and interoperability with other projects,
databases, and web-services (neurovault, neurosynth, and others). the focus
will be on reproducible dataflows in biomedicine. the resources will also
support additional personnel, an annual workshop, and cloud resources for
some web services. as soon as we take care of a few administrative pieces,
we will focus on nipype engineering.

i do want to thank the extended nipy community for its extensive support
towards nipype development, maintenance, and adoption over the last 5
years. we couldn't have gotten to this point without you. we are thrilled
with the opportunity, very excited about the possibilities, and look
forward to continued engagement with the community.

quoting eleftherios: go go team!

cheers,

satra