[Neuroimaging] nlsam installation

Samuel St-Jean stjeansam at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 07:54:15 EDT 2016

Well, for this one I would need the error message, but since this is a
public mailing list you can write me directly instead if you need more
help (yes, I am the same guy that wrote the software, small world after
all).

As for the installation, normally if you run

pip install https://github.com/samuelstjean/nlsam/archive/master.zip --user --process-dependency-links

it shoudl fetch master and compile it, including spams. It actually
fetches spams from my github repo, but the original installer is here
http://spams-devel.gforge.inria.fr/downloads.html

Doing pip install above_source_zip_file will build it for you, or you
can fetch the prebuilt 2.4 for windows from the same website (so that
way you don't need to install visual studio to build the whole thing.)
I never tried the install on a mac personally, but people running macs
have never reported that it does not work, so it should be fine.

Spams is only for python2 as an official release, so that could be your
problem also. I actually have an un-official version for python3, just
requires a few patches made by the fine people over at archlinux
(https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/python-spams-svn/). Here is the
actual patched version, quickly put together until I (maybe) put a
cleaner release on said repo until they officially rebuild it themselves
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wv7562pvhc37o75/spams-python.zip?dl=0

Or there is also the prebuilt nlsam version under the releases over at
github for windows and linux if you want to give it a test run also.