[Neuroimaging] Using Python libs from MATLAB

Dimitri Papadopoulos Orfanos dimitri.papadopoulos at cea.fr
Mon Jun 13 14:15:11 EDT 2016

Hi Matthew,

There are a few links referring to the Matlab 7.3 format:
http://scipy-cookbook.readthedocs.io/items/Reading_mat_files.html#matlab-7-3-and-greater
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4950630/matlab-differences-between-mat-versions

There is also this PDF from Matlab which does not contain even once the
"HDF" string but does seem to refer to the HDF5-based 7.3 format:
http://www.mathworks.com/help/pdf_doc/matlab/matfile_format.pdf

Le 13/06/2016 à 20:02, Matthew Brett a écrit :
> I'm the scipy.io.matlab maintainer.  The reason I never got into the
> 7.3 format was the hdf5 library dependency, but now stuff is getting
> easier to install (wheels, conda packages), it might be worth
> revisiting it.  Also - I might be wrong, but I don't think Mathworks
> has documented their 7.3 format.  It would probably take a week of
> work to get something to test for scipy, but it's way down my priority
> list at the moment.

Best,
--
Dimitri Papadopoulos