[Neuroimaging] Looking for advice regarding releasing some analysis software

Christopher Mullins christopherrmullins at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 10:24:26 EDT 2016

Hi,

I'm not a frequent contributor to this list so others may have more
acceptable solutions, but I ran into some similar challenges and I'd love
to share what I did.

Regarding pyqt4 and pyqtgraph: I made a desktop application using
pyqtgraph, and my solution was to compile it into a binary form with
pyinstaller, so that people could use it without having to learn python or
do any sort of compiling or terminal work.  The documentation[1] on this is
pretty clear and I didn't run into many problems.

For the command line utilities, I'd usually make a "Utilities" directory to
indicate that they're not part of the main application.

Chris

[1] https://wiki.python.org/moin/PyQt/Deploying_PyQt_Applications