[Neuroimaging] advice on choosing a testing library

Nate Vack njvack at wisc.edu
Fri Jun 17 12:55:40 EDT 2016

I actually like pytest largely because it's so similar to unittest;
however, on test errors it does a bunch of nice magic introspection to show
me what's amiss. unittest is also good.

I've also made use of the pytest's test parametrize decorator  to test
reading a whole heaping ton of file versions with one method, though
there's an element of "this is dark magic and I kind of feel like maybe I
should write tests to test my tests." In the end, it saved me a ton of code
so I held my nose and did it; here's the example:

https://github.com/njvack/bioread/blob/master/test/test_reader.py#L80

-n