[Neuroimaging] Journal articles based on PRs

Ariel Rokem arokem at gmail.com
Thu May 5 11:26:28 EDT 2016

And to answer Gael's concern:

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 10:27 PM, Gael Varoquaux <
gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 11:33:15PM +0000, Stéfan van der Walt wrote:
> > I would like to hear what others think of this journal (tl;dr: it takes
> about
> > 1-3 hrs to prepare a paper for publication in their peer-reviewed
> journal).
>
> 1-3 hrs to prepare a paper! Is that a good thing? It takes me more than 3
> hours to peer review a publications. It takes me at least an hour to read
> one. Don't we already have too many publications of low quality?

I think this assumes that you have already written such high-quality
documentation of the software that an additional thoughtful high-quality
manuscript is redundant information, and wouldn't be particularly useful
anyway. That is, if your software is not up to snuff, you're going to have
much more than 1-3 hours of work to prepare *your software* for publication
in this journal.