[Neuroimaging] Fwd: [dipy] Issues trying to install dipy

Jon Haitz Legarreta jhlegarreta at vicomtech.org
Tue May 31 14:58:08 EDT 2016

Dear Eleftherios,
thanks for the follow-up.

No, I did not contact the Anaconda developers, since I was a little bit
lost in the messages/source problem. But if your guess is that it is more
likely an Anaconda problem, I will contact them and let you know.

On the other hand, you are right; I installed Anaconda, then tried to set
up dipy for development.

Also I have a virtual environment where I downloaded the dipy dependencies.
I do not know if the latter step can be avoided or else, whether one can be
substituted by the other: i.e. and whether when one installs dipy for
development from sources, dipy scripts take care of putting in place the
necessary packages. I just thought that creating a virtual env with just
the dipy dependencies would be cleaner for development (i.e. avoid clashes
with other packages or repos, etc.)

Since one of the links posted suggested it, I installed MinGW, but had no
other compiler installer on my machine.

Sincerely,
JON HAITZ